INCA MPC is the APC technology that allows operating companies to generate sustained benefits with high ROI and with a low Total Cost of Ownership, capable of handling applications ranging in scope from one single distillation column to a full ethylene plant.
INCA MPC in a nutshell
the INCA MPC software creates value by continuously optimizing the key process parameters online, in closed loop, keeping the plant in the most economical operating point every minute, 24/7.
To be able to do that, the INCA MPC predicts the plant behavior, account for plant disturbances and takes all plant constraints into account. This will result in:
- Reduced process oscillations resulting in less wear and tear of the equipment
- Less alarms
- Less operator interventions
- More efficient plant operations (higher production, less specific energy consumption, better quality control,…)
INCA MPC: a suite of tools that allow the easy development and deployment of an APC application:
- INCA Acquire: quick and easy tool to start data collection from your DCS
- INCA Discovery: modeling package that allows you to build dynamic models based on plant data, with the ability to include a-priori knowledge about the process in the identification cases (for example: known gain ratios, known delays, etc). Visit the INCA Discovery page
- INCA Architect: the offline configuration and simulation package for MPC and softsensor development. Have a look at the Webinar on INCA Architect or visit the INCA Architect page
- INCA Runtime environment: the MPC controller that optimizes your plant operation on a minute-to-minute basis and the softsensor allowing to estimated product qualities like concentrations, Melt flow rate, Particle size distribution, … in real time. Visit the INCA Sensor page
- INCA Webviewer: the web-based operator and engineer interface to the control application. Access and authorization levels are role-based and fully configurable. Visit the INCA Viewer pager
The benefits of using INCA MPC
- Flexible licensing system (perpetual, term)
- Proven technology used on ammonia, urea, nitric acid, ammonium nitrate, CAN/NPK by e.g. Yara worldwide, Sabic, Nutrien, Fatima, Engro, Fauji, OCI Nitrogen, Igsas, …
- Proven technology on petro-chemical processes of BASF, Dussup, Ineos Phenol, Ineos Oxide, …
- Proven technology on cement plants as shown by our APC partner for cement: ES-Processing
- Intuitive configuration and use
- Integrates with most DCS and PLC systems
Visit our Youtube channel to watch our recorded Webinars.
- Understanding the process is key!
- Look beyond the controllers. Look at the process, the instruments, the actuators
- Keep it simple
- Organise mainteance. Mainteance is the key to harvest the benefits for many years
- Involve operators in the MPC projects
- Update documentation