Tuning individual PID controllers based on engineering specifications
In day to day operation PID controllers are:
- Often in manual mode, or are put in manual during large disturbances.
- Causing process oscillations due to bad tuning or suboptimal control strategies.
- Tuned using rules like Ziegler-Nichols, Lambda and Kappa-Tau. These rules give reasonable results in many cases. For loops that have a direct effect on product quality, energy consumption or overal plant throughput, real optimal tuning is needed. Then you need the INCATools from IPCOS.
- Tuned based on a time consuming trial and error approach. This can result in long startup times for grass root plants.
- Interacting with each other, posing a challenge to the control engineers.
Tuning PID controllers based on engineering specifications
- Tune PID controllers for optimal setpoint tracking (rise time, settling time, energy…) and/or disturbance rejection (settling time, energy,…).
- Apply constrained tuning. E.g. maximum overshoot, minimal robustness, high frequency gain,….
- Simple workflow.
- Powerful model identification. Also higher order models (e.g. super heaters), large delays and non-minimum phase behavior (boiler, batch,..) are covered.
- INCA PID Tuner generates PID parameters for your DCS. All common DCS and PLC templates are known. Templates can be generated for less common or new DCS/PLC systems.
- Automatic reporting. Keep track of all tuning activities on every PID loop.
- Tune your controllers “First time right”.
- Do you have to deal with interacting PID loops? Have a look at INCA AptiTune.
INCA PID Tuner is also available in the cloud
When you only need to tune a loop from time to time, PID Tuner Go is the tool your are looking for. No need to install software, no need to purchase a complete license of a high end tool.
Just pay as you go! All in the cloud.
No worries, your data is safe! You have a private work space with private data storage.
Purchase hours to use INCA PID Tuner Go:
- Rate: 75 Euro/hour (excl. taxes).
- Minimum amount per purchase: 8 hours.
- Payment with Credit Cards and Wire transfer.
- First purchase: 2 hours for free extra (will be added automatically to the time tracking system).
- Important Notice: Purchased hours will expire 6 months after purchase date.
Go to the Webshop:
Have a look at the INCA PID Tuner workflow
For complex loops in highly interacting systems, the multivariable PID tuning tool INCA Aptitune is the right tool.