Tuning individual and interacting PID controllers
In day to day operation PID controllers are:
- Often in manual mode, or are put in manual during large disturbances.
- Causing process oscillations due to bad tuning or sub-optimal control strategies.
- Tuning rules like Ziegler-Nichols, Lambda and Kappa-Tau give reasonable results in many cases. For loops that have a direct effect on product quality, energy consumption or overall plant throughput, real optimal tuning is needed. Then you need the INCATools from IPCOS.
- Tuned based on a time consuming trial and error approach. This can result in long startup times for grass root plants.
- Interacting with each other, posing a challenge to the control engineers.
Tuning individual and interacting PID controllers based on engineering specifications
- Tune PID controllers for optimal setpoint tracking (rise time, settling time, energy…) and/or disturbance rejection (settling time, energy,…).
- Apply constrained tuning. E.g. maximum overshoot, minimal robustness, high frequency gain,….
- Powerful model identification. The controller interactions are identified based on step testing data. E.g. All interactions between the controllers of a distillation column are modeled.
- No trial and error “detuning” needed with interacting PID controllers.
- Define maximum overshoot, robustness, settling time as optimization targets.
- INCA AptiTune generates PID parameters for your DCS. All common DCS and PLC templates are known. Templates can be generated for less common or new DCS/PLC systems.
- Automatic reporting. Keep track of all tuning activities on every PID loop.
- Tune ALL your controllers “First time right”. Try out the INCA Aptitune software for free.
INCA AptiTune is also available in the cloud
When you only need to tune a loop from time to time, AptiTune Go is the tool your are looking for. No need to install software, no need to purchase a complete license of a high end tool.
Just pay as you go! All in the cloud.
No worries, your data is safe! You have a private work space with private data storage. Download the PID tuning packages overview sheet (pdf)Download.
Purchase hours to use INCA AptiTune Go:
- Rate: 75 Euro/hour (excl. taxes).
- Minimum amount per purchase: 8 hours.
- Payment with Credit Cards and Wire transfer.
- First purchase: 2 hours for free extra (will be added automatically to the time tracking system).
- Important Notice: Purchased hours will expire 6 months after purchase date.
Go to the Webshop:
Have a look at the INCA AptiTune workflow
Interested in a solid overall impression of INCATools AptiTune? Go to the INCATools Academy for short demonstrations of the software or watch the video’s below:
- A simple tuning workflow
- Tuning with no overshoot
- Tuning with reduced OP kick
- Comparing AptiTune to ZN and Lambda
- Tuning integrating loops
A white paper is available for download explaining AptiTune and AptiTune Go in more detail.